here is the second cake me and mom got for you, and for our Christmas, ‘course! Let’s get going ❤ It’s called `baklava`, characteristic to the Ottoman Empire cuisines.
600g of ground nuts
3 cinnamon spoons
one pie sheet packet
one packet of butter
- Syrup time:
800 ml water
rum essence – optional, just to add a special imprint [me and my mom add this to almost everything]
Now, do you remember that at the previous cake, you needed lemon zest? Well, I hoped you kept that lemon, though! Now, you will need it’s juice. If you gave it or used it for Sth else, that is just fine, take another. 🙂 Alright. It’s time to prepare our cake. This one is much easier.
Melt the butter. Mix the cinnamon with the ground nuts. Now, get the tray and let’s put on the sheet. The base and the upper part will need 2-3 😕 A packet has around 12-14, and you will need to divide it in 3 equal parts… 🙂 Between each sheet put some butter [which would be liquid, as you have melted it]. Do that for 3 sheets and than put nuts. Now, before putting it into the oven , cut the pieces. Let it in the oven until it browns. After taking it out, we have to get the syrup ready. Put the water with the sugar on the cooker, medium fire again. Let it seethe, then add the honey. After that, let it cool for 3 minutes and pour it onto the cake. Yummmmmyyy!
PS: you can add on tup of it nuts or pistachio, or just leave it sample. 🙂
- Learning to Make Baklava (amandabobel.wordpress.com)
- Bahrain’s 42nd National Day celebration with Baklawa (sliceofmylyfe.wordpress.com)
- baklava (simplepairings.com)
- Baklava (foodscurious.wordpress.com)
- World’s Best Baklava Recipe (ieatwithmyhands.com)
- Sticky Lemon Syrup Polenta Cake (Gluten-free) (clairerobbie.com)
- Baking mom’s spice cake: You are what you… bake (chicagolovespanini.com)
- Glazed Lemon-Rosemary Butter Cookies (remotecontrolproof.wordpress.com)
- Christmas Chocolate Cake (beingmrsgardom.wordpress.com)
- Guilty Pleasures: Christmas treats from Greece (part 2) (diskaverins.wordpress.com)